Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Geeky children's books? Yes, please!

[Originally posted here on February 25, 2014.]

Wil's eight months now, so I know it's a little early to be buying him birthday presents......but when I found some adorable geeky kids' books on Etsy, I couldn't resist! Charles Thurston, the author/artist, explains:

"As a parent I wanted a way to introduce the great pop culture shows and books that my wife and I love to our toddlers without it being too scary. You cant explain Doctor Who or Star Wars or Lord of the Rings to a toddler and you cant show it to them with out scaring them because of some awesome monster or angel statue. SO I created a series of small kid friendly pop culture parody books that introduces them to these things in a fun way so that when they are older and they can handle the shows Mommy and Daddy love, they will already be familiar with the characters and love the show just as much as us."

I love other geeky parents. Thanks to Mr. Thurston, I'll soon get to read Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, and Firefly stories with my kids. Shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment